Signs of Sepsis
Sepsis can progress very rapidly, particularly in ‘at risk’ individuals such as the very young or old, Diabetics, malnourished or the very stressed.
Early detection and treatment is essential. Sepsis Kills!
Seek medical help urgently and ask the Doctor or Nurse: “Could this be Sepsis”?
Sepsis in Children
If a child is unwell with either a fever or very low temperature (or has had a fever in the last 24 hours)…….
- Is breathing very fast
- Has a ‘fit’ or convulsion
- Looks mottled, bluish, or pale
- Has a rash that does not fade when you press it
- Is very lethargic or difficult to wake
- Feels abnormally cold to touch